We log anonymous usage statistics. Please read the privacy information for details.
The upcoming 6. International Summer School will be in July 16th - 22nd, 2023.
This years 5. International Summer School was a successfully, productive and enjoyable time for every participant. Participants were from South Africa, Czech Republic, Romania and Germany.
Participants at Summer School 2021, Gülpe 2021 – (Photos: M. Hermanussen)
Application deadline: 15th. April 2023
The application includes a short curriculum vitae, your publication list, your motivation, and a short description of your data set that is being analyzed during the retreat working week.
Please send your application to PD Dr. Christiane Scheffler
The Summer School includes
- A get together on Sunday evening,
- a “retreat working week” at Gülpe (Monday morning to Friday evening)
in the middle of nowhere (52.7335°N, 12.2115°E), with both intensive work and cheerful social activity,
- Soiree on Friday evening- final presentation,
- after breakfast on Saturday transfer back to Potsdam,
- instructions for a relaxed weekend in Potsdam or Berlin.
We expect that
- every participant brings her/his own (modern as well as historical) data from her/his home university to be analyzed during the Summer School in cooperation with the other participants and teachers
- every participant presents the analysis of her/his data at the final seminar (Soiree) on Friday afternoon
- every participant prepares a manuscript to be published open access in our peer-reviewed international journal "Human Biology and Public Health" within the next 6 months
- every participant should read the book “Auxology– Studying Human Growth and Development” (http://www.schweizerbart.de/9783510652785) before
Where: Ecological Station of Potsdam University in Gülpe (65 km west of Berlin in the “emptiness”)
When: next summer school July 16th - 22nd, 2023
Who: Master-, PhD-Students or PostDocs in Physical Anthropology, Human Biology, Biostatistics or from related subjects.
Participant fee: 510. - €
The fee includes accommodation in a youth hostel from Sunday to Monday, accomodation and food during the stay at the Ecological Station of Potsdam University (Monday to Saturday), the transfer from Potsdam to Gülpe, and the fee for open access publication.
If you need help for accommodation before and after the retreat, we will be happy to support you. Please let us know in time.
Conditions for Participants:
You need cheerfulness, your own data set, your own notebook, a linen, a sleeping bag, and if you like swimming in the river Havel, a swimsuit.