We log anonymous usage statistics. Please read the privacy information for details.
4. International Summer School 2021
"Human Growth - Data Analyses and Statistics"
Unfortunately, due to corona pandemic the International Summer School was cancelled in 2020.
But we are always optimistic!!!
The upcoming International Summer School will be in July 19th - 24th, 2021.
Participants at Summer School 2019, Gülpe 2019 – (Photos: Ch. Scheffler)
Application deadline: 15th. May 2021
The application includes a short curriculum vitae, your publication list, your motivation, and a short description of your data set that is being analyzed during the retreat working week.
Please send you application to PD Dr. Christiane Scheffler
The Summer School includes
- an initial statistical seminar at the University of Potsdam (Monday morning), transfer to Gülpe in the afternoon
- a “retreat working week” at Gülpe (Monday evening to Friday evening)
in the middle of nowhere (52.7335°N, 12.2115°E), with both intensive work and cheerful social activity
- Soiree on Friday evening- final presentation
- after breakfast on Saturday transfer back to Potsdam
- instructions for a relaxed weekend in Potsdam or Berlin
We expect that
- every participant brings her/his own (modern as well as historical) data from her/his home university to be analyzed during the Summer School in cooperation with the other participants and teachers
- every participant presents the analysis of her/his data at the final seminar (Soiree) on Friday afternoon
- every participant prepares a manuscript to be published open access in a peer-reviewed international journal within the next 6 months (see below the publication list from former International Student Summer Schools in 2017 and 2018)
- every participant should read the book “Auxology– Studying Human Growth and Development” (http://www.schweizerbart.de/9783510652785) before
Where: Potsdam University and Ecological Station of Potsdam University in Gülpe (65 km west of Berlin in the “emptiness”)
When: next summer school July 19th - 24th, 2021
Who: Master-, PhD-Students or PostDocs in Physical Anthropology, Human Biology, Biostatistics or from related subjects.
Participant fee: 450. - €
The fee includes accommodation and food during the stay at the Ecological Station of Potsdam University (Monday to Saturday), the transfer from Potsdam to Gülpe, and the fee for open access publication.
If you need help for accommodation before and after the retreat, we will be happy to support you. Please let us know in time.
Conditions for Participants:
You need cheerfulness, your own data set, your own notebook, a linen, a sleeping bag, and if you like swimming in the river Havel, a swimsuit.